Tuesday 22 March 2011

Data data data data data

"Today I shall mostly be..."

Collecting data: data related to the tweets of all the members of the ego-centric networks pertaining to the specific organisations I am studying. This is a very labour intensive process! Having spent roughly two days (at different times over the last few) I have collected 225 out of around 1,200. So, we deduce, this will take quite a lot more time!! However, I am now limiting the sample more tightly so the rate of collection has increased.

The data being collected is extremely important and together with what has already been collected it will form the bulk of the findings for the project as a whole. LR work has taken a backseat to it over these two days but I intend to work on both these tasks over the coming days dedicated to research. Since the data collection is so monotonous this will hopefully be a useful pattern of work i.e mixing it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment